Its the middle of summer, which means vacations, cook outs, and pool parties. Are you running out of “healthy” side dishes to serve? This recipe may be the one for you!
This recipe was first created as a way to clean out the refrigerator. A few days before I made it, I had made a Zucchini Tomato Salad ( Recipe to post later), this bright recipe is full of herbs, especially dill, spices and dill. Super easy to make. But I wanted something extra. Since I had spaghetti squash already cooked up, I just mixed them up. And it was FANTASTIC, and one of my go to recipes now.
- Vinegar to taste- start with 1/4th a cup.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- fresh or dry herbs- try a mixture of basil, rosemary, oregano, and dill.
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash – cut in to bite size
- diced vegetables- carrots, tomato, broccoli, olives … anything else you may have around
- Mix the vinegar, oil, and spices in a small bowl
- wash and cut vegtables
- in a large bowl, mix squash and vegetables
- pour vinegar mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat.
If you want to spice it up even more, try adding cheese or pepperoni.
I hope you ( and your guests) enjoy this healthy pasta salad.