The other night D and I wanted to have some Chinese food, but rather than take out we made Beef and Broccoli with Crab Ragoons at home. But that left me with a ton (OK 10) wanton wrappers. So today I decided to make some egg rolls. This recipe is super simple, and you can make a bunch with in 45 minutes. Which is great for kiddos in the summer, or for when unexpected guests stop by. I will post the other recipes later!
- Cabbage- can be precut, think coleslaw mix
- 1 bag
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- Grated ginger
- ½ tsp ( or a few shakes) of ground cinnamon
- Precooked ground sausage if desired.
- Wanton wrappers ( I find these near the produce section)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On stove top, warm olive oil.
- Add cabbage, stir to coat
- Add in soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame oil, ginger and cinnamon. Stir to mix.
- If adding sausage, make a hole in the center of pan. Push cabbage mixture to edges.
- Once sausage is warm, mix throughout cabbage.
- Place 1 wanton wrapper on a clean cutting board, corner pointed towards you.
- Add a spoonful (about 1/4th cup) of cabbage mixture on to wanton.
- Fold corner up, then the 2 sides. Making sure the filling stays inside, roll the wanton.
- On the upper corner, dab water to help seal edge. Place on foil lined baking tray
- Repeat until all of the cabbage mixture is used.
- Spray both sides with cooking oil of your choice.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes,
- Flip each role to the other side, cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and Enjoy!
*Tip, pair this recipe with the Crab Rangoon for a fun Asian night.
Makes 10 medium egg rolls.
Feel free to comment or ask questions!
Need a dipping sauce? Check out this recipe https://creativelyserved.com/2018/07/11/sweet-and-spicy-sauce/ .