Every other week, we get vegetables delivered to our house, and we can add fruit if we want. These vegetables are to “Ugly”, or there are too many to be sold in the stores. One week I decided that we needed dates, I saw one of my friends get them and was all for it. But I didn’t know what to do with them, I remembered someone talking about a cheese stuffed bacon wrapped date. This sounded like a perfect idea to me, and with a party coming up, it was perfect. Due to dietary restrictions of friends, we made them with and without bacon. (Meat free options will be available on other recipes)
- 20 dates
- 1 package plain goat cheese
- 1/4th cup brown sugar
- 1/8th cup water (more may be needed)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 strip of Bacon per date ( we like WM thick cut)
- Remove the pits and slice 3/4th the way to make a pocket.
- Fill the center with goat cheese that has been brought to room temperature
- Place a toothpick in center, and place on foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Cover in brownsugar glaze
- Once filled, wrap ½ strip of bacon around secure with toothpick
- Place on drip tray and bake for 30 minutes, turning half way through
- Cover in brown sugar glaze
Brown sugar glaze
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan
- Add 1/8th cup of water
- Wisk in 1/4th cup of brown sugar until combined