We had several large zucchini taking up room in our refrigerator and I wanted to try something new with them. We typically cover them in oil and various spices, and then grill for about 10 minutes (or until tender). I briefly saw an incredibly unhealthy version on my Facebook feed and decided that I could do it better. In addition to a zucchini, I am trying this method with a yellow squash. So here it goes, once it is finished, I will post pictures.
- Medium zucchini – one per person
- Olive oil – 3 tbsp (more or less can be used for preference
- Garlic – 1/2 tsp powder 1tsp minced
- Parmesan cheese – finely grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Wash zucchini.
- Slice zucchini accordion style – aka not all the way through.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a small bowl. Using a brush, brush mixture on outside of zucchini. Carefully coat between the slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove from oven, and cover in parmesan cheese. Use a fork or knife to get cheese in between the slices.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Keeping the zucchini in the oven, turn the broiler on for 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy!