So we have all see the crazy amount of cauliflower creations out there. There is cauliflower steaks, cauliflower pizza crusts, cauliflower rice…..but what about desserts? Is there room for cauliflower desserts?
This recipe was inspired by a meme about peanut butter cups, I am sure by now you have seen it. Well I came up with the following recipe and tried it out.
- Cauliflower – can be fresh or frozen (look out for additional sodium or seasonings)
- peanut butter powder
- melting chocolate
- Steam and puree the cauliflower until it is super thin
- Allow it to sit in a towel over night(use the strainer/bowl combo) to get the extra moisture out.
- Mix in peanut butter powder until desired taste and texture is achieved.
- Next line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Melt chocolate, cover the bottom of the liners. (I did not make mine pretty the first time, I was NOT expecting this to work)
- Add 2tsp cauliflower. And cover with more melted chocolate.
- Make sure you tap to release any air. And then place in the freezer.
- Once set, remove from the tin, and keep them in a ziplock bag until gone.
This recipe was first created as a joke, but it may work. Well it does work. It has gotten the approval of Dave, and he is pretty honest.
I am thrilled to see how well this post attracts new visitors to my site. Leave comment below, what recipe should we tackle next?